Approximate cooking time: 1 hour
- 1 head of silverbeet spinach (approximately 6 cups of silverbeet leaves, trimmed and washed) Note: alternatively, you could use 6 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cups of boiling water
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup grated cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180oC and prepare a non-stick baking tray with baking paper.
- Trim and wash silverbeet leaves.
- Place leaves in a large mixing bowl and cover with boiling water. Place a lid or tea towel over the bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Drain the silverbeet and rinse with cold tap water. Using your hands, squeeze the leaves to remove all remaining water.
- Place on a chopping board and finely chop the cooked silverbeet and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, cheese, bread crumbs and basil. Mix well.
- Using your hands, take a handful of mixture, roll into a ball and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot or cold, with or without dip of your choice and store in the refrigerator.
Products featured (Bidfood Codes):
Mainland shredded tasty cheese: 7518
*The recipes from CR kitchen are a guide only and all products and ingredients labels should be checked for allergen/intolerance ingredients.
Like us on Facebook to keep up to date and make sure you check out the CR YouTube channel for more great content on Kraft, plus other great CR Kitchen meals I’ve cooked. All my recipes can be found here.
CR Kitchen supports members with menu planning solutions to help you deliver quality foodservices to those that you care for.
If you would like to learn more about how Church Resources can help you with your Foodservice procurement contact us at CRinfo@paltd.com.au or call 1300 248 724.
Alternatively, enter your details below and a CR representative will be in contact shortly.