Approximate cooking time: 1 hour + time to set
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 30g butter
- 395g condensed milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 150g milk or dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180oC and prepare a non-stick square pan with baking paper.
- Mix together base ingredients (flour, desiccated coconut, brown sugar and melted butter).
- Place mixture into tray and press down with the underside of a spoon to smooth out surface.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the surface is golden.
- Place the filling ingredients (butter, condensed milk, golden syrup) into a saucepan on medium heat and stir until boiling. Once boiling, reduce heat and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Pour filling onto base and bake for another 10 minutes at 180o
- Refrigerate until the caramel is set.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring in between. When the chocolate is smooth, pour over caramel.
- Refrigerate caramel slice for 10 minutes.
- Using a knife, score the chocolate before it has fully set (this will prevent the chocolate from cracking). Place back into fridge.
- Once the caramel slice has fully set, remove from pan and cut into small squares.
Products featured (Bidfood Codes):
McKENZIE’S desiccated coconut: 13758
Nestle Sweetened Condensed milk: 139119
Western Star butter: 122187
*The recipes from CR kitchen are a guide only and all products and ingredients labels should be checked for allergen/intolerance ingredients.
Like us on Facebook to keep up to date and make sure you check out the CR YouTube channel for more great content on Kraft, plus other great CR Kitchen meals I’ve cooked. All my recipes can be found here.
CR Kitchen supports members with menu planning solutions to help you deliver quality foodservices to those that you care for.
If you would like to learn more about how Church Resources can help you with your Foodservice procurement contact us at CRinfo@paltd.com.au or call 1300 248 724.
Alternatively, enter your details below and a CR representative will be in contact shortly.